From:
Peter Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2013 22:08:04 -0000
> What ever happened to science and evidence-based risk assessments?

Seems to me that it is not possible to produce 'scientific' proof that these
pesticides are unsafe.  The testing regimes ar not suitable for
neonicotinoids.  That leaves the beekeepers in a very difficult position as
the chemical companies - and our government - are able to goad us by asking
us to prove that what they are doing is harmful, whilst knowing full well
that there is no way that we can do that.

All that we have is anecdotal evidence which is dismissed in a rather
superior way.  But what is wrong with andedotal evidence?  When thousands of
beekeepers with no scientific training tell you that there is a problem,
surely their voices should be heard and those with the necessary training
should investigate.

Anecdotal evidence is evidence!

The vote reflects political affiliations.  Bayer is a German company, ergo
the Germans voted against the ban.  Britain simply supported the Germans.

Best wishes

Peter
52.144442, -1.503509