From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 08:04:33 -0500
Trevor asked if my reference of 0 degrees was to F or C?  I should have
known better than to not reference the English or Metric system...

My reference was to F.  The equivalent of -18 C.

Here in this part of the world we are now entering our third week of daytime
temperatures from -18 C to
-12 C and nights from -15 C to -30 C.  Bees have not had flight since
November 15!

Who would have thought that the upstart Americans would be the last bastion
of the English measurements?  I will probably never be comfortable with
millimeters, centimeters, and Celsius, and am the poorer for it.  But the
world will lose something when such archaic terms as bushel, peck, and quart
are lost, together with our tribal memories of the days when such terms were
important to everyday life.

Lloyd
Lloyd Spear, Owner of Ross Rounds, manufacturer of comb honey equipment
for beekeepers and Sundance pollen traps.
http://www.rossrounds.com