From:
Christopher Slade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 18:44:34 EDT
To pick up on a couple of points from this digest, I sometimes use a voice
actuated portable tape recorder to make notes when examining my hives.  I
usually set it on the roof of the adjacent hive and talk when there is
something to record.  Very often the recorder is attacked by angry bees even
when they are leaving me alone. Why?

The mnemonic I use for the annual colours is When You Requeen Gently Blob (her
thorax with paint)

I have St John;s Wort flowering in my garden at the moment.  I have never
noticed bees working it.  I shall keep an eye on it.

Chris Slade