From:
malcolm roe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1993 10:55:29 +0100
It seems clear that, when USENET was discussed recently, the consensus was
that we did not want BEE-L to become a USENET group.  What was not discussed
was the increase in traffic in this mailing list recently.  Look at the
increase in size of the archive files for this year so far:-

*  Archives for list BEE-L (Discussion of Bee Biology)
*                             rec
* filename filetype   GET PUT -fm lrecl nrecs
* -------- --------   --- --- --- ----- -----
  BEE-L    LOG9301    PRV OWN V      80  1308
  BEE-L    LOG9302    PRV OWN V      80  2530
  BEE-L    LOG9303    PRV OWN V      80  3495
  BEE-L    LOG9304    PRV OWN V      81  6825
  BEE-L    LOG9305    PRV OWN V      92  2366

LOG9304 (April's archives) is so large that the list server will not even
let me have a copy.  Its size exceeds my daily quota of 256Kb.  LOG9305
is not so big but the month is not over yet!  It won't be long before the
traffic on this list becomes unmanageable.  As it is, I will have to
unsubscribe if I am going to be out of the office for more than about a
week otherwise my mailbox will be liable to overflow.

Perhaps things will quieten down again but I think something must be
changed.  What do other people think?

--
Malcolm Roe                            Phone  :  +44 442 230000 ext 4104
Crosfield Electronics Ltd              Fax    :  +44 442 232301