From:
Carl Mueller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 1995 21:07:08 -0400
Give me a break,

Would someone pay $150.00 per hive to cool their bees?  Why not do what
I have done for a few cents.  I cut an 8x6 inch hole in the inner cover
and placed metal screen on both sides.  The bees propalais if it gets too
cool and remove it when hot.  I leave the top covers cocked at an angle
so that water will run off away from the landing board.  It is ideal
here in south Florida.  In winter I place the covers into their original
positions.  Double screening helps with moths.  With one layer of screen
the small moths readly crawl into the hive, should eggs be laid on the
screen.  With two layers the stupid things get inbetween layers and feed
on propalis and are soon trapped forever.

 Carl Mueller     Email: [log in to unmask]
 West Palm Beach, Florida USA

    " Love is where you find it.  Seek and Ye shall find it."
 " Knock and it will be opened onto you.  Ask and it will be given you."