Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 2010 00:10:25 GMT
http://beeuntoothers.com/2010Conference.html

July 29-Aug 1
2010 Northeast Treatment Free Beekeeping Conference.

The focus of this year’s conference is “What is the smaller beekeeper to do?” We will be hearing from several commercial beekeepers who have eliminated treatments in their operations, how they achieved their goals, and what they can recommend to smaller beekeepers who don’t have the advantage of hundreds of hives to start with.

Hands on hive openings, top bar hives, panel discussions, and innovative increase methods will be highlighted.

Kirk Webster: Treatment Free Commercial Beekeeper/Breeder, VT
Dee Lusby: Treatment Free Commercial Beekeeper/Breeder, AZ
Sam Comfort: Former Commercial Beekeeper / Current Top Bar Beekeeper/Breeder, NY/FL
Mike Palmer: Commercial Beekeeper/Breeder, VT
Erik Osterlund: Treatment Free Commercial Beekeeper/Breeder and Journal Editor, Sweden
James Fearnley: Propolis Expert/Author and founder of BeeVital, UK
Yoon Sik Kim: Treatment Free Beekeeper/Writer/Poet, OK
Corwin Bell: Treatment Free Beekeeper/Bee Activist, CO
Bruce Brown: Hive Product Merchant (Owner of C.C. Pollen), AZ
Laurie Herboldsheimer: Treatment Free Beekeeper/Author, MA
Dean Stiglitz: Treatment Free Beekeeper/Author, MA

The venue is the beautiful Doyle Conservation Center in Leominster, the cost is $190 and includes 10 home-cooked meals.

The material here will be intermediate to advanced in nature…nothing difficult for a beekeeper with a couple of years experience. If you are new to beekeeping, we strongly recommend that you either come for the Beginning Treatment free Beekeeping Intensive, or read our book for a background in the basics.

This year, we are also adding:

July 28-29
Beginning Treatment Free Beekeeping Intensive.

This is a 2 day course in beginning beekeeping from a treatment free perspective. Thursday evening dinner will be shared with attendees arriving for the conference and we will have a program after dinner. Classroom instruction and course materials are provided. There will be hive openings, and an observation hive on site.

We are especially lucky to have Sam Comfort of Anarchy Apiaries join us. His expertise in top bar hive management places him in high demand as a speaker and teacher. Sam has wide ranging skills and experience (from bee breeding to almond pollination).

NO PREVIOUS EXPEREINCE NECESSARY.

The venue is the beautiful Doyle Conservation Center in Leominster, the cost is $60 and includes 6 home-cooked meals.

http://beeuntoothers.com/2010Conference.html