From:
"Adam N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2012 09:54:53 -0400
In all honesty I think the revolving doors between lobbies and government
make the wall pretty thin.  I don't really think there's much regulation
happening.  I don't see why big ag. or pharma should be any different than
the banking industry.   It's like the government is a client of the
companies who have far more money.  The Regan strategy worked. people think
government is the problem, not the solution.

My overall conclusion is this is all pretty out of control. These chemicals
are not stable, they break down and recombine with other things in in the
environment, some persist and some don't. But in the end it's a big soup.
You cannot really test because bees and everything else are being exposed
to many things at one time, there's no standard.

Also, bees are being moved around in massive amounts all the time making a
perfect storm of vectors.  We're shipping stuff around the world and
bringing in pests in a very cosmopolitan way.  It winds up being too multi
factorial  and hard to tease out the strings or establish causality.

I'm hoping to weather this in a backwater. But really, quibbling about
"this or that" is really BS, it's all of the above. but it too complex for
anyone to grasp, least of all me.

Adam

--

Adam