From:
Lawrence Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 18:42:52 -0600
Conrad Sigona wrote:

> One frame has a small patch (15-20 square inches) of cells containing
> multiple eggs (2-4). The hive has a queen; she lays lots of seemingly
> normal eggs in seemingly normal cells; there is no sign of her failing
>
> nor of supercedure.
>
> Is she laying the multiple eggs or is there a laying worker in there
> with her?
>
> Facts that may help you form an opinion:
> - The hive came from a 3lb. package (7 weeks ago).
> - The packaged queen, after leaving her cage, disappeared. Eggs were
>   never laid.
> - I gave them a frame of eggs from which they raised the queen (6
> weeks ago).
> - Queen is 1 month old.
> - There aren't many bees (about three frames worth). I'm not worried
> about
>   this since the queen is still relatively new.
>
> Conrad Sigona

I have been told that once a hive has gone to the laying worker stage
that the bees willnot except a new Queen and is best to join that hive
with another. However if your hive raised a queen then it didn't (go
worker).
I recently learned that it might have been best to add the young brood
to give them something to do and then order and install a new queen.The
brood would also help
with population. Sound like a confused queen that may need some
psychotherapy
good luck,
                             Lawrence Cooke