From:
Bob Darrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Nov 2009 20:45:34 -0500
On 24-Nov-09, at 6:48 PM, [log in to unmask] wrote:

>>>   I know Canola honey is quick to crystallize.  Who are the
>>> customers for this honey?  Do they want the honey pasteurized?

Hi Waldemar and all

Most of my honey, except early sales of my Summer honey, is
crystallized in the jars.  I do not heat or filter my honey but leave
it rest in the tank for a week before bottling.  The summer honey is
very smooth while the autumn honey is somewhat more coarse.  Several
years ago when I decided to stop trying to keep my honey liquid, I
had  several queries as to why my honey was white.  Now, when I put
the first honey out for sale, I get asked " do you only have the
brown stuff, don't you have any of the white stuff like we bought
last year?"  I'm sure that my system wouldn't work if my bees
collected canola, as it would go solid in the tank.  All my honey
usually sells by Canadian Thanksgiving weekend(2nd Monday in October).

  Happy Thanksgiving to our Bee-L hosts

Bob Darrell
Caledon Ontario
Canada