Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 14:41:28 -0600
On Tue, 27 Apr 1999, Allen Dick wrote:
> I am wondering what tricks anyone can offer to get good cells in good
> numbers early.  We have tried swarm boxes and just been very unhappy with
> them.  Our preferred method is a two storey queenless colony for starting
> and finishing the cells.  Is there something better for cool weather?

Hi Allen:

I have been using insulated inner covers year round for some time and We
seem to get about the same results from grafted cells in warm or bad
weather. Could you try insulating the cell builder and see if you get
better results? If you have pollen and syrup, about all the bad weather
can do to the house bees is chill them.

Best regards,

Donald Aitken
Edmonton Alberta Canada