From:
Robert Barnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 1997 23:21:24 -0500
Paul Cronshaw, D.C. wrote:

> Just trying to clear up a fact that I have heard a while back:
>
> Is the inside beehive temp the same as human body Temp.  98.6 degrees F

I believe the question asks the temperature of the central *cluster*,
and not the ambient temperature about the cluster but within the hive.
When brood is present, this is within 1 degree of 35 C. (92 F)
Source:  The_Hive_and_the_Honey_Bee, 1992 Revision, Joe M.Graham,
Editor.  In hive ambient temperature is quite variable, dependant on
wind and wind breaker protection, entrance reducers, hive ventilation,
external temperatures, and other things, often seasonal.

Bob Barnett, Birmingham