From:
Midnitebee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 18:50:59 -0400
Greetings!
I received this message in my guestbook area...so much for wellmarrk's
warnings about the proper use of apistan.
I left out the person's email address..if your really curious..you could
look for the "address"..hint!
Wed Jun 24 13:55:18 1998
Location: Geneva, FL 32732
E- mail:
Comments:Concerning varroa, after moving here from Ohio in '94, I decided to
get back into bees, and in early '95 went to the DADANT store in UMATILLA FL
to buy supplies. The head guy was most helpful, but when asked about the
application of Apistan, he said, 'Oh I just leave the strips in all the
time.' Well, I didn't, but now that I hear about Apiatan resistance here in
Central Florida, I wonder how many other people he said this to, and just
how much he may have had to do with the resistance buildup.

Holly-B Apiary
P.O.Box 26
Wells,Maine 04090-0026
http://www.cybertours.com/~midnitebee