From:
Kenn Tuckey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 11:02:57 -0700
This request may make sense only to Canadian or US beekeepers.

In Canada we have a popular building product available called oriented strand
board - sometimes called chip board or Aspenite.  It comes in 4' X 8' sheets and
is quite a bit cheaper than normal plywood.

Has anyone used this for applications that are close to bees such as supers,
nucs boxes, tops or bottoms?  If so did it have any negative effects on the bees
that you noticed?

We know that ordinary lumber or plywood is best n the long run but we envision
only a short tern, particular case use.

Our concern is in the glue or curing chemicals that may be used.  Any comments
will be appreciated.

Comment directly to me or to BEE-L if you feel this may be of general interest.

Kenn Tuckey
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada