From:
Al Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2015 00:30:39 -0500
The Manitoba Beekeeper's Association white paper can be found at:http://manitobabee.org/hive/ I would welcome comments from anyone with professional experience with the identified risks and further suggestions on how you would mitigate them. (On or off list)  We found that CFIA contradicted itself on more than one occasion and we also felt that most of the claims are not backed up by scientific evidence. MBA had majority support from our voting members at a special meeting to ask that CFIA overturn their decision to keep the border closed. We believe that the identified risks are negligible and that limited replacement stock is a much bigger threat to the commercial beekeeping industry in Manitoba.

Allan Campbell
President,
Manitoba Beekeeper's Association