From:
Greg Hankins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 21:38:27 +0100
>Bee-list,
>
>I am on a number of swarm lists.  Today I got 2 calls.

My home turf is probably a bit more rural than Santa Barbara (about 8,000
households in the county), and maybe rural folk just aren't bothered by bee
swarms ...

But, when I called the local sheriff's dept. and town polices depts. to
offer my services in removing swarms, I got a lot of very long pauses on
the other end of the line -- and no indication that a swarm list existed.

Is this a rural vs. suburban thing, or am I calling the wrong folk?

Greg

Greg Hankins                       Mt. Gilead, NC