Date:
Sun, 30 Aug 1998 22:09:58 -0600
Mick & all,

I lost an extremely large swarm early on the season from not using a
queen excluder between the deep & the bottom board.  NEVER again!  I'll
always use an excluder on NEW swarms to keep the queen from taking
flight - though I'll remove it following 6-10 days as the queen should
have a 'stake' in here new home by then by laying brood.

Matthew in Colorado