Date:
Wed, 13 Jul 2011 08:47:15 -0700
>>Just so I understand....

>>We want to spend lots of money to have more insects and birds along highways so we can increase the splatter on windshields?
Yeah.   Use "RainGuard" on my windshield so that the windshield washer is more effective.  Gives more thrills when you're trying to dodge the buzzards that are just abandoning the road kill at the last moment possible.   <<All this - just kidding>>
I would envision not an immediate transformation to the utopia prescribed by the act but rather a gradual transformation as people and nature acts to produce, in general, the kind of roadside envisioned in the act.   Have you ever seen an entire section of roadside covered with blue bonnets in the spring in TEXAS?   BEAUTIFUL!!!!   Same could be said for red top clover in other sections of the south.
Mike in LA