From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2012 11:05:47 -0600
>Do you think you could have a hive of African Bees in Manhattan? Right now,
>there are dozens -- maybe hundreds -- of hives in NYC.

I think its naive to think there is not some bees with AHB genetics among
the above in NYC.
Most of the above are using shipped in queens.

I have been trying to make a very simple point,

The word African fits only with a pure race of bees in Africa. In the U.S.
the bees are mostly hybrids.
The bees which crossed into the U.S.  were hybrids as they were hybrid with
bees on the road north for over thirty years.
Now those AHb bees have melted into the southern California, Arizona ,New
Mexico and Texas bee population.

I admit when I make a mistake why can't the research community?

Researchers were wrong about most of their predictions. One they were not
wrong about is by 2013 AHB genetics could be found (if checked) in most
areas AHB could survive the winter as feral but the whole U.S. as a
hybrid.( a bee with a percentage of African genetics)

One thing they were wrong about was the pure scutellata genetics would
increase with each generation of bees until would be the end of beekeeping
as we know it. Those among us which has connections to Mexican beekeepers
knew early on was not true.

Takes time for perceptions to change. Beekeepers keeping bees in areas which
have been declared as AHB know what I am saying is true.

Aggressive is only one of the traits beekeepers do not like about
scutellata. Constant swarming and running on frames I do not care for. Each
year even the news media seems uninterested in reporting about AHB. No
deaths or attacks no news.

bob