From:
John Partin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Sep 1998 05:40:56 -0400
I have had a different experience with buckfast queens.  I run about 750
hives and use buckfast queen cells to requeen with. I  requeen when
there are 10s of 1000s of hives in the area from the north,` I'm from
FLORIDA.   When we move these bees we bunch them in my back yard about
100 feet from my back door.  We bunch 168 at a time there and start
truck  and then net down after dark. It's real hot down here so if
possible we were no suit. Most of the time we were just a T- shirt a
vail a cap and no gloves. It is unsual for us to get a sting during this
process.  I really think its how you handle your bees not the buckfast
that might be the problem. Of course you do find a very few that do get
teste but I never have found a hive that we could not work.

BUD