Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2013 12:36:47 -0600
> Of course, much of the same phenomena can be observed naturally
> occurring in fluids. That simply cannot be used as evidence that the
> wax is behaving as a fluid. There are plenty of other observations
> which suggest that the bees are constructing planar structures using
> small amounts of wax they have made pliable using salivary
> secretions.

I don't think anyone suggested that bees heat the entire comb structure
at once, or knows the temperature at the point of construction or the
fluidity of the material being deposited and manipulated either.

Could it be that both explanations are correct -- or both wrong?

Frankly, I don't much care how they do it as long as they do it.  What
amazes me is the passion on both sides of this issue.