From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 2006 14:13:43 +0000
Hi all

I am going to make a request for information that some of you may have
squirrelled away on your computers, but before I do, I am going to 'beat
about the bush' a bit to explain why I want it...

I have recently given a lecture about the sizes of cells and the effects
on the bees, while I was preparing it, I approached Dennis Murrell to
cadge some of his photos that were used in his extensive measuring
routine (I wanted to explain to my audience the need to look deeper into
the fine structure of a nest), but Dennis informs me that he removed the
data from his site some time ago and then scrapped the data at the time
he changed to a new computer.

The loss of this data on his website has prompted several UK beekeepers
to ask me if it is possible to reconstruct the data from fragments
cached in various places on the web.

This is because we are just getting some interest stirred up that may
lead to some extra research being done and showing what Dennis achieved,
may just about swing it.

I have had some success and recovered some of the text from the 'Wayback
machine', but I am asking if you would look in your favourites for any
saved pages or images from any of the following site URLs

http://www.geocities.com/usbwrangler/
http://wind.prohosting.com/tbhguy/bee/
http://www.websamba.com/topbarguy/
http://tbhbguy.ocatch.com/
http://fire.prohosting.com/topbarguy/
http://snow.prohosting.com/topbarguy/

I should say as well that Dennis has agreed for me to ask and that any
web pages that result from the re-construction will be submitted for
Tennis's approval.

If you have any fragments or files, no matter how small, please forward
them to...

Regards & Best 73s, Dave Cushman, G8MZY
http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman or http://www.dave-cushman.net
Short FallBack M/c, Build 6.02/3.1 (stable)