From:
"Peter L. Borst" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2008 09:55:26 -0500
Waldig writes:

> I wonder if the honey signature is different between the raw and pasturized forms.

The doctrine of signatures is an ancient European philosophy that held
that plants bearing parts that resembled human body parts, animals, or
other objects, had useful relevancy to those parts, animals or
objects. It could also refer to the environments or specific sites in
which plants grew.

The 17th century botanist and herbalist William Coles (1626-1662),
author of The Art of Simpling and Adam in Eden, found that walnuts
were good for curing head ailments because "they Have the perfect
Signatures of the Head". The doctrine of signatures was expounded in
mainstream medical texts into the 19th century and has remained a
working principle of homeopathic medicine.

* * *

The study mentioned proposes:

Sensitive crystallization marks prove that every kind of honey has:

• a high biologically nutritional value and a special vital charge;

• the specific honey's sensible crystallization images are very
similar with the herbal plant's sensible crystallization images; this
fact suggest a sui-generis "transfer" of vitality from herbal plant
visited by bees to honey; as the honey is fresher the sensible
crystallization images are more complex, reflecting in this way the
high biologically value of the fresh honey;

* * *

The "sensitive crystallization" method studies the forms resulting
through evaporation of a water solution of cupric chlorine that has
added to it an extremely small quantity of the substance to be
analyzed. The method was originally developed by Dr. Ehrenfried
Pfeiffer

Ehrenfried Pfeiffer began work with Rudolf Steiner in 1920, and was a
pioneer of biodynamic agriculture in America.

Pfeiffer invented two anthroposophic image forming methods, a method
using a round filter chromatography (circular chromatography or chroma
test) and the copper chloride crystallization method, developed
together with Erika Sabarth. In the latter method, a solution of
copper chloride and the test solution is allowed to evaporate. The
pattern of the copper chloride crystals can be "read" based on the
patterns of known samples.

Pfeiffer felt that these imaging methods showed the presence of
life-forces or etheric formative forces and could be used to gauge the
quality or vitality in food, such as would be shown in biodynamically
grown food. Some proponents, as well as critics, recognize that these
methods are very much dependent on the interpretive ability of the
researcher.

* * *

Biodynamic agriculture, or biodynamics, comprises an ecological and
sustainable farming system, that includes many of the ideas of organic
farming (but predates the term). In 1924, a group of farmers concerned
about the future of agriculture requested Steiner's help; Steiner
responded with a lecture series on agriculture. This was the origin of
biodynamic agriculture, which is now practiced throughout much of
Europe, North America, and Australasia. A central concept of these
lectures was to "individualize" the farm by bringing no or few outside
materials onto the farm, but producing all needed materials such as
manure and animal feed from within what he called the "farm organism".