From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 May 2011 11:14:38 -0500
>Is anyone having a "normal" year?

Our year is *starting *as "normal" . Main honey flow starting the first of
June being normal. Actually we had several days of flow last week!

Our conditions for a good flow is sub soil moisture (which we have) and hot
humid weather without serious rain  is predicted for the next ten days.

My hives are strong and ready to bring in nectar and I have chosen my
locations carefully (corn no! range land yes!)so am cautiously optimistic
but
the situation can change quickly in a couple weeks.

I am prepared to move north in case our flows fail chasing the bloom. All
the way to the Dakotas if necessary!

Every year is different but I would say this year has the *first condition*
for a good production year   is sub soil moisture which will keep the sweet
clovers blooming longer. Hot weather (without rain ) will burn up the white
Dutch flow (on now). but will not effect the sweet clovers.

Will report in a couple weeks again.

Others!

bob

 Northwest Missouri.