From:
Mark Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 16:41:20 -0400
I am new to this FGMO concept and Fog type of applicaction.
I've deliberately avoided using Apistan and Checkmite so as to keep that
form of miteicide in reserve, if I ever feel a dramatic need of their use
is required.  Hence, I've been using Formic Acid soaked Foam pads with
success, but there are still mites present in the hives after treatment
(though in significantly smaller numbers).  I was wondering if anyone out
there has been using FGMO fog treatments in conjunction with Formic or
Strip treatments and what there results are, or effects.  Would or does
this double-barreled approach increase keep the mites population weak
throughout the year, thus improving the effectiveness of Formic/strips in
the fall and spring?

Also, can you please tell me the procedure for the FGMO fogger treatment;
how you fog the hive; how long; how often; measure its effects; do's and
don'ts, etc....?

Many Thanks,
Mark Walker,
Delta, BC