From:
kirk jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 2013 06:22:37 -0700
I received a comment that another beekeeper has the same symptoms I'm seeing
in bees returning from California.

I wonder if this is going to be a trend and if it could get worse.

This got me pondering what else has been published in regards to bees in almonds and

damage documented to bees.

I came across this (Agricultural Spray Adjuvants) and this has probably been discussed on Bee-l.

http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0040848

Sorry about my first post to bee-l with the link missing. Apparently the listserv
removes linked prose and only puts in links with the http:/ prefix. My bad.

If you haven't yet seen my sick bees, here's the link. It's enough to take a bit of wind out of the affected colonies and
I'd rather not be complacent. This almond pollination reminds me of what gold miners rushing to California went through
chasing dollars. The miners probably overlooked many negatives to make some money.

http://youtu.be/ccI05hE8Bkc

Kirk Jones

Sleeping Bear Farms   beekeepers making honey...
St. Ambrose Meadery/Winery- sister business of Sleeping Bear
Benzie Playboys           cajun and zydeco band........
Beekeeping Journal Blog   thoughts on beekeeping
Facebookfor Kirk
Facebook for the Benzie Playboys