From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:46:01 +0100
Hi Waldemar

> I also wonder if the primary scouts are recruited in equal numbers or
> proportional numbers from the different patrilines.  Italian race
> father offspring scouts may use slightly different site selection
> criteria than, say, Caucasian race father offspring from the same
> mother queen.

The answer here lies in the actual differences in the patrilines, in a
free flight mating zone, none of the patrilines would be pure enough to
describe as 'Italian race father offspring' or 'Caucasian race father
offspring'. At best there would be minor differences that stand out from
the background of the 'average' genetics of the geographic area
concerned. That is not to say that these minor differences could not
influence a scout's choice of future home, but that the range of choices
that can be made is not very wide or starkly different.

The number of patrilines involved will be directly linked to the mating
frequency exhibited by the queen, which in turn will be linked to the
race or strain of that queen, but may be adjusted by the degree of
mongrelisation (hybridisation) of the individual specimen of queen.

Regards & Best 73s, Dave Cushman, G8MZY
http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman or http://www.dave-cushman.net
Short FallBack M/c, Build 6.02/3.1 (stable)