From:
Elizabeth Petofi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 15:06:16 -0500
Barbara Belyea wrote:

> If I have read the rules of this list correctly, it should be an
> "informed discussion of beekeeping issues," not uninformed comments on
>
> the state of science or other hopelessly general subjects. I would at
> least like to see a clear maintained connection between beekeeping and
>
> any subjects proposed.

I, on the other hand, have derived enormous benefit and interest from
the latest discussions of the bee mind, etc. and hope they continue.  I
am always interested in the specific bee issues, too, but they are
well-covered in the archives, and I seek the expansion of my knowledge
and understanding of bees not just of themselves, but as a touchstone to
the universe.  I love my bees, not just because of the honey, but
because of the way they connect and ground me to my flowers and plants
-- and the nice beekeepers out there!

And where is Garth, anyway?  I miss his neat stories about bee stings
and pretty women!

Elizabeth Petofi
Orange, Virginia, USA