From:
peter dillon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 23:12:49 +0200
Yesterday, 29th April, looking at the entrance of several stacked hives
behind my honey house, it was evident that scout bees were eyeing up the
location.
2.30pm, in came the first swarm, hovered over the roof and then on to
one of the selected hives- classic.
3.20pm, over the field came another swarm, but this time it clustered
about 150 metres short of the fore mentioned hive bodies, in a
blackthorn hedge - heavily spiked and just right to poke into sensitive
places.
Any ideas why such swarms seem to not to finish their journey.Yes, I am
presuming that it was heading into one of the boxes.
Once it was collected, removed to an isolation apiary the remaining
activity ceased around the" destination" hive.
Regards
Peter.