Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 2012 22:41:04 +0700
I would like to add to the thread I started, I do not want to criticise
anyone and I have not overlooked that the people who help run the list
are unpaid volunteers with limited time.

Where an initial post is not clear it may be best for the moderator to
hold it and ask that the post be modified before it is released so that
the message is clear.   But is is also good practice, when you read a
post that you do not fully understand, to make a post and ask for more
information before you trash it just in case there is a perspective that
you have overlooked.  Flaming may seem fine to the person writing but it
does not make good reading and a flame on weak foundation then has to be
defended ...

I guess my concern is that the list is dominated by a small number of
subscribers.  They make posts, others do not.  Some of the posts are
sometimes not quite as polite as they could be.  But there are people
from all over the planet subscribing to the list, many from non English
speaking countries and all have experience and observations that would
be wonderful to share.   I wonder how to get these people involved and
sharing their view and asking questions.  They do read what is posted
and what happens to people who make less clear posts though.

I do not make many posts which makes it curious that the latest
statistics show that I am in the top ten.  On the occasions where I have
started a thread asking for information I have noticed that I may get
limited response on the list but I do receive great responses off list.
I do wonder why that should be.