From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2013 20:37:18 -0400
> Please note that Huber was utterly incapable of "observation".

I find this statement to be breathtakingly false. Observation does not take place in the eyes, hence the notion that a blind person cannot observe is absurd. One may observe using any of the senses, as one observes that the woods have become silent, or that it is noticeably warmer this evening.

But beyond that, Huber had a sighted person assisting him, who described what he "saw" and Huber was able to assemble these descriptions in his own mind, forming concepts just as one might if obtaining the information with one's own eyes. And, these observations were gathered together in his books.

Most scientific observations these days require intermediary equipment, very little is observed directly. In a sense this is not different from being blind and having someone else describe the world to us, so that we might form our own observations. Most knowledge is passed from mind to mind via some media, like me typing this and you reading it.

Pete