From:
Christina Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2013 06:46:45 -0400
Randy, about this:

> So…Randy…I am unclear why you wanted me to read this?

You said:

"It had to do with the fact that IMI is quickly degraded to CO2, so even the metabolites quickly disappear from the bees' bodies."

Are we talking about the same paper?  I think maybe I made a mistake.  I thought you pointed me to this one:

Severine Suchail, Laurent Debrauwer, and Luc P Belzunces.  Metabolism of imidacloprid in Apis mellifera. Pest Manag Sci 60:291–296 (online: 2003)

They don't say anything about "quickly degraded to CO2" what they say is that IMI is quickly degraded into metabolites that are responsible for extended mortality, they also say they can't account for 30% of the IMI dose that they administered, and then they add that they suspect there are additional toxic metabolites that they didn't measure based on the observed extended effects.

Now I'm wondering what paper we are talking about....if I erred, please send me the correct citation.  Thanks.

Christina