From:
David Tharle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Sep 2011 23:47:02 -0600
On 9/24/2011 6:02 PM, Juanse Barros wrote:
> What about corrosion of the freezer metal parts?
We have an old (almost all metal) chest freezer we purchased used many
years ago to store pollen.  It became  our "formic" freezer, has been
for a long time now and is only beginning to show signs of corrosion
(some of the paint is coming off the walls). We use honey pails with
tight fitting lids for our formic pads storage, so don't think there is
much exposure.

For transportation we have insulated some supers (sides and top) with 1"
Styrofoam.   They hold 5 -3kgs pails each.   Each pail contains 40 pads
(Most of our locations are 40 hive sets.).  These tie nicely into a load
and keep the pads frozen well into the afternoon.

Dave Tharle
Ardmore, AB
Canada