Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 2011 11:45:07 -0400
>For example, by moving colonies, one can obtain multiple crops. So, why is average honey yield in this country so low?<

My assumption would be that the pollinating colonies are broken down through the season for ease of transport and maximum profit. I don't really know. Maybe someone who is in the pollination business could comment.

Nice crop Peter! In the Lower Mainland British Columbia we don't get crops like that. B.C.'s average has been around 50lbs for the last hundred years. Last years was 47lbs.