From:
Peter Loring Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2018 13:30:57 -0400
> Even in your case Pete, how often were your monitoring mite levels, and what percentage of your colonies did you monitor, pre and post treatment?

This was not "my case" but folks all over this region reported losing three fourths or more of their bees in fall 2016. The mite levels were not the problem, mites were under control.

I used formic three times during the summer, the collapsed colonies had no signs of mite depredation. Most had just vanished, with some dead in a heap in the bottom of the hive.

I would point out that ten years ago everyone was talking about CCD. The bees were disappearing and nobody ever figured out why. Since then, a lot of people lose bees and call it CCD, but that isn't really identifying the cause.

PLB