From:
midnitebee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 1996 03:47:54 -0500
At 12:11 AM 7/2/96 -0400, you wrote:
>> P.S.  Queen breeders should send their bees in a crush-proof package - for
>> example, the Post Office provides free of charge a two-day delivery
>> envelope.
>
>How would this help?  I find the standard wood queen cage will easily support
>my weight standing on it.  Or do some breeders use something else?
>
>The priority envelopes are approx 9x12,will not fit in a post office
box,slide underneath a door,or in some home mailboxes.I was amused by your
little tale,yes it is true,the post office is open 24 hours,365 days a
year.We are not all letter carriers,but there are people,who work many
varied jobs inside the building.Remember,not everyone,is a beekeeper,some
people are "allergic"to them and just plain scared.Did you educate the
postal workers in your town? Try it! It worked for me.Yes,there are bad
"apples",at every company. We as Postal workers have heard all your snide
remarks before,and maybe thats why, a very minute percentage, of us have
attitudes.This is an unfortunate situation.I can tell you many stories,about
customers,but this happens to be a listserve about beekeeping.