From:
B Farmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Aug 2013 02:57:36 -0400
>If you don't already know about John Taylor at Stanford, check him out.  I think you'll like him.  Mark

He's not my cup of tea.  I prefer Ludwig von Mises.

I believe a working understanding of Austrian economics is a must for anyone who wants to have their own business.

I also wonder how math skills affect beekeepers.  I read a piece a month ago about a study that found that people who were bad at math were 5 times more likely to default on their home loan.  I wonder if math skills may be another reason many beekeepers struggle while some do fine.  It's difficult to run a beekeeping business or manage money very well if you have poor math skills.  Of the examples I gave of successful beekeepers, one went to school for economics and the other went to school for accounting.

If someone had good business sense, they can be a successful beekeeper, even if their beekeeping skills are sub-par.  But usually good business sense teaches us how to become better beekeepers. :)