From:
Robert O'Hara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Oct 1997 21:06:50 PDT
Hi and thanks for reading this,
        I have two hives about one foot apart and one is slightly stronger than the other. That stronger hive is presumably
robbing the heck out of the other as evidenced by wax "sawdust" all over the bottom board and in front of the hive on the
ground.  I also noticed Yellow Jackets in and around the hive.  I have heard that I should reduce this hives opening.
Would  moving the robbing hive away some distance stop the robbing and help rebuild the damage. And if so when should

I move it back?
        If I shouldn't move the offending hive would swapping some frames of honey into the robbed hive and a reduced
entrance help?
        What are some ways to stop this onslaught?

Thanks Rob

Robert E. O'Hara
13155 Dorothy Dr.
Chesterland, Ohio 44026