From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 18:45:46 -0400
Richard Yarnell wrote:

> I can think of one good reason: the example it would set.  People who saw
> you do it but who were unaware of the difference between your non-viable
> "truck stop" swarm and a real swarm might quit calling bee folks to
> salvage swarms.

From a liability point of view, I am with Dick. It makes little sense
preserving any bees. Plus just one stinging incident will erase every
bit of good will toward beekeepers and bees.

We have had several pollinator trucks overturn in Maine and forget
trying to save one bee. They are immediately sprayed down. Not worth
doing anything else when the public safety is involved.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Me