From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2007 20:14:18 -0700
Bob:
I told Dave about the small cell short cut but he said he
was going to follow Dee Lusby's directions posted at
beesource to the letter.

Reply:
Well Bob, what can I say as Ed and I did go down in two
steps. Fist to 5.1mm (5.0mm - 5.1mm) on foundation I made
by hand myself due to availability of same. And then after
8 years we hit a wall and decided for the bee's sake to go
down again fine tuning to 4.9mm which was .1mm smaller or
so and many thought us insane to go into the pit of fire
with size related AHB and reap the rewards for doing so.

If Dave does it in waves, his bees technically should get
better, and if he doesn't hesitate for the next round going
smaller already knowing it needs to be done where we had to
find out the hard way, wouldn't think there would be a
problem fine tuning, what with clean wax again in the hives
and downsizing to gain strengths.

So how you doing Bob on your project to 4.9mm. Need help?
You know in the past I invited you here to see what Ed and
I had and were doing. Offer still there FWIW if needed not
that we wouldn't fight like cats and dogs whole time.

Dee