From:
"Dr. Reimund Schuberth" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Dec 1998 22:12:43 +0100
-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Garth <[log in to unmask]>
An: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Datum: Samstag, 19. Dezember 1998 22:06
Betreff: Possible ways of detecting counterfeit honey

>Hi All
>
>As somebody who knows a little about a lot of things I would like to
>contribute a few ideas I have for detecting couterfeit honey (anybody
>with better knowledge please support or destroy the ideas!!)

Dear Mr. Garth,

I read your email with some interest. I missed one way of detecting and may
be the easiest one to find out foreign honey. - That's pollen analysis. It
is an excellent method to detect pollen not common in the flora where the
honey should come from. Also one can detect honey with more or less syrup in
it, because the lack of pollen. Unfortunately you need a special equipment
(microscope for example) and a lot of know how about this subject. But
surely there are some experts in the US who can help if there is some doubt
about a honey source and declaration.

Sincerely

Reimund
Beekeeper in Germany (Bavaria)