From:
Bill Hesbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2018 20:05:53 -0500
John >Bill if someone with basic engineering skills would look up Equipment and Hardware on Beesource the thread Band heater vaporizer will enable them to build a unit that will treat in 30 seconds at a cost of about $60, or complete vaporizers are available for about the cost of the varrox wand....

Thanks John, no need to sell me,  I've been using a band heater (ProVap 110) for about three years. I also have a Varrox which I've used for many years previously and still do on occasion.

BTW - I hope you don't' think I was being critical of your formula. Your revised formula works for me and is simple.   Also, it's a much longer discussion, but an accelerated drop of phoretic mites done on a population of bee, under any circumstances, is not equivalent to a wash of 300 nurse bees. As Randy has pointed out, the wash protocol was devised to mitigate population variables.  Whereas an accelerated drop measures an entire mite population and we really only have anecdotal accounts of what they mean with or without brood.

Bill Hesbach
Cheshire CT