From:
Mark Berninghausen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Jan 2014 10:53:05 -0500
Peter, Are we calling crop insurance subsidies now? Otherwise well illustrated.

Why weren't there more and more acceptable candidates for positions at the Fall ESHPA Meeting? No one beat the bushes to try to find anyone willing to have their name put on the Ballot. When I suggested that each Director and Officer call a small handful of members the idea got no support.

So what does anyone expect? Those willing to serve are the ones who will get elected. And when there is a choice between two people, people will choose. Why people chose to vote the way they did is something you will have to ask each individual. Unless one wants to make up ones own story.

In past ESHPA elections there has been no choice. The Nominating Committee presents a slate and it is approved. Every now and then someone is nominated from the floor. That's how I took the Northern Director's seat a few years ago. Thinking that Bill Crowell had had his long turn.

Isn't it funny how new blood is 10 or 12 years younger than old blood? We need some really new blood. 40 year olds would be nice.

I hope you all are writing your State Legislators and Assemblymen and lobbying the Commissioner. Otherwise you are spitting into the wind. Not that I really know anything about politics, I'm just a "thinking beekeeper". ;)