From:
Bill Fernihough <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 1995 11:01:33 -0800
         Reply to:   RE>Nucs

Can I suggest you don't do this, unless you need to start the bees in one place
and move them to another at least 5 miles away.  First, there is no good reason
for not starting them in a 10 frame one super deep hive.  They will expand very
quickly, and within a month to six weeks you will be adding another super.  The
bees will have accomodated themselves to this hive, and there will be no
disturbance of new smells, new wood, moved frames and all that.