From:
Jon Bucher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Nov 2014 15:35:37 -0500
First, let me say that I am not a scientist. I have a degree in the sciences but, worked as a salesman. I spent far more time and made far more money on the golf course than I did in Jessy Jones medical library. I left the industry 20 years ago.

I was in technical sales and had a half dozen or more training sessions  each of my 20 years. I met people who had MD PhD behind their names. I was a member of ASPEN. I tried to know my field. I am not the person to lead this research.

I do remember some of what I learned.

I'm halfway or more through DeGroot. He did excellent work for his day. But he missed something. Fat.

The four food groups aren't fruits, veggies etc. They are: 1. Carbs, 2. Fat, 3. protein and 4. Vitamins, minerals and trace elements.

Kabbi Vitrum made Intra Lipid brand injectable lipid emulsion. It was derived from soy. Essential fatty acid deficiency will prevent homeostasis. Vitamins A,D,E and K are fat soluble. So are other substances necessary to life. This might explain some of his findings. So might also osmolarity. He had worse longevity with pure AA's than he did with casein, milk etc. I don't think milk fat contains the three essential fatty acids. It might at least mobilize vitamins etc.

I would lean toward a whey based, peptide based product supplemented with soy fat.

All my knowledge is based on human health. My kids had Carnation Good start formula, whey based peptide (Nestles'). I got it free Nestles' was half owner of Clintec', My division of Baxter Health. We sold Peptamin, a whey based peptide product for patients needing more easily digestible protein.

It seems bugs rats and man have similar dietary requirements. In man, standards might be (in normal healthy) 1 gram protein per Kg of body wight per day. 6.25 grams of protein contain 1 g of N. 30 Kcal/Kg/d with about one-third from fat. Bees may burn many more calories. I don't know.

Other thoughts? If anyone will defeat my logic, we gain knowledge. Don't be shy.

JB

Short and medium chain triglycerides are easily digested but the essential fats are long chain.

Now. should there be two formulas? One a pollen sub With or without fat to be fed dry. And another meant to be admixed in a syrup.

JB