From:
Peter Dalby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 19:47:37 -0000
>Peter: I am NOT a newbie; and hence, I have to ask why you do not feed
"liquid
>sugar", syrup, in the winter?

George Imirie

George,

In answer to your question I think other contributors have covered the above
question whilst I have been tied up with our English National Honey Show and
other beekeeping business.

I personally do not use sugar syrup in winter as the bees do not seem to
want to take it whichever pattern of feeder is used which wastes time and
money.  Also feeding late the bees dont always cap and seal the stores
properly leading to fermentation and dysentery in our damp English climate.

Peter Dalby,  Beekeeping in Hertfordshire, just north of London, England