From:
Albert W Needham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 1997 19:17:53 EDT
On Tue, 3 Jun 1997 09:36:03 EDT Jim Moore <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>>>We have had bees moving back and forth in that pattern and were told
>>>that it is a random act called "washboarding."

A couple of years ago I had a large number of swarms, I also noticed
these groups of bees on the landing board that I would also describe
as "washboarding". After the large number of swarms ( which I feel were
mostly due to my allowing a bit of overcrowding to occur), I wondered if
this
behavior was any indication of swarms to come?

Anyone ever notice any correlation here?

Al,

Offering 'Unique' Honey Bee Artwork On Caps,
------- T-Shirts, Tank Tops & Sweatshirts --------
-------------Honey Bees & Doktor Finkle-------------
------ http://www.xensei.com/users/alwine ------
awneedham@juno.com.............Scituate,MA,USA