Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 16:34:47 -0400
Hi Karren, I,m a new,old beekeeper. That is I had bees many years ago and
then quite for thirty to fourty and just started again this year. I have
experienced what your doctor told you to a certain extent. I can remember
when I first started messing with bees, my dad and I would rob feral bee
colonies and would get stung many many times. At first I would swell up
quite a lot but after a while the stings would no longer swell.They still
hurt like the dickens but no swelling. Well that was many years ago and
after starting over again I find that I swell every time I get stung. This
might have to do with the fact that the emunity has worn off after all this
time or it might have to do with the fact that I,m a little older,well to
be truthful,a lot older. I've heard,not from any medical proof, that your
emune system changes as you age and things that once didn't bother you do
now. Just my own thoughts on the subject from and old new beekeeper. Bobbee