From:
Beekeepers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2018 22:56:23 +0100
>These are experiences bee researchers, so I believe them when they say getting samples was impossible.

Are there really bees where it is truly impossible?  Surely with the right protective clothing anything is possible?

Although I may not have seen the worst bees in the world, I have certainly handled some very feisty colonies.  Even here in the UK I have sorted out colonies which met you 50 yards from the hive, and followed you for more than 200 yards after leaving them.

> On the island of St. Croix, which is close to Dominica, feral honey bees were either of European or African maternal descent

That was not stated originally, but certainly explains why they were surprised.  Do we know how the Africanised bees got to St. Croix?

Best wishes

Peter
52°14'44.44"N, 1°50'35"W