Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 2009 22:54:57 GMT
Peter,

The data you cite is very outdated.

To date, about 23,000 trees have been removed (!!!)

The insfestation which was discovered in 2008 has now been traced back to 1996 or 1997 (i forget which one).

Currently, they are talking about 650,000 trees that are vulnerable..I expect this is a massive understatement.  There are too many people who bring firewood up to their cabin in NH or somesuch.

This is way out of the bag, and i don't believe eradication will be successful.  The only reason they haven't increased the infestation zone is that they litterally climb individual trees to check for infestation.  Time will tell, but I expect this is all over New England in pockets everywhere.

deknow