Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Apr 2011 22:20:02 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
>On another note, as a new BL member, I have been pleasantly surprised. From past experience, I doubted that a couple of my recent posts would be approved. Not so! They made it. Did somebody mess up. :-)

I don't think that BEE-L has ever been very heavy on the moderation.  Certainly anything that looks obviously illegal, obviously libellous or a nasty troll have had to be intercepted, and several serial hijackers have been discouraged, as have a few proselytizers and dogmatists for the sanity of the readers (and the moderators) but otherwise pretty well anything goes.  

There have been a few times when hot discussions have been cut short, but that just got everyone angry and hurt, so at this point a bit of push and shove is just fine as long as everyone keeps smiling and remembers that we are here to discuss ideas, not persons. (much anyhow).

>On a personal note. I am sorry to hear about your colony losses. Like you, this is the first time I have ever been without bees to build up from. I only lost 90% doing the regression thing. :-)  I see that you are actively building up again. Best regards and I mean it.

Thanks.  I hope we get a better understanding of what this is -- and find some kind of prevention.

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

Guidelines for posting to BEE-L can be found at:
http://honeybeeworld.com/bee-l/guidelines.htm

ATOM RSS1 RSS2